Search forum:

Forums : General : Joe's Personal Blog - Now in Japanese! And Spanish!

16205 posts, 122 voices

Awesome!
3708 posts

Also, comics on a Thursday! Well done this week Suz & Co.

Joe
Administator
3025 posts

anything?

BA-ZING!

Anzuelo
977 posts

cold :)

Awesome!
3708 posts

I don’t pull punches when a professional artist produces work while driving (not riding shotgun, driving). There are plenty of artists whose work I dislike but Liefeld just pisses me off.

Anzuelo
977 posts

I agree . . . I was just saying cold :-).

Joe
Administator
3025 posts

I’m totally with you on that. I just find it hilarious.
I’m not that great of an artist, and yes, hands and feet are hard to draw, but I feel like I’m a much better artist than Liefeld. I’m just horribly slow, and not justifiably slow like people like JH Williams III. My crippling self-doubt when it comes to my art causes me to do half a page, not work on it for forever and finally muscle through it later, but even with that crippling self-doubt I’m still confident that I’m better.

Anzuelo
977 posts

I am anxiously waiting for this new avatar.

Joe
Administator
3025 posts

Has it not been approved yet? Bah! BAH! I say!

Awesome!
3708 posts

You obviously need to punch Dan in the junk harder.

Joe
Administator
3025 posts

I wasn’t aware that I had to punch Dan in the junk at all.

Awesome!
3708 posts

I wasn’t either until Suz said something about it. Now I am looking for every opportunity.

Joe
Administator
3025 posts

You can’t stop thinking about Dan’s junk, can you, Awesome!? ;)

Anzuelo
977 posts

Got my comics today “Friday”. Awesome job by the shipping department this week. WOW. Great surprise. :-) Thank You All Very Much.

KamuiX
408 posts

C’mon guys, no one draws characters that look like they’re perpetually taking a dump better than Liefeld.

Gus [Emeritus]
Administator
4326 posts

There’s going to be a Dexter comic book, created by the guy who does the books/originally created Dexter! (I really gotta read up on those books, too.)
http://blogs.crikey.com.au/whitenoise/2011/10/1…

emeraldknyght
1085 posts

Hey NTT. Hope your event Monday Night was a good experience. Got into Sydney from NYcomicon Monday night and didn’t see your blurb til tuesday morning. That con was HUGE!!! I slept through variant day. pretty eventful i see.

Gus [Emeritus]
Administator
4326 posts

Hey EK. Thanks. Yeah, it was great. Lovely show. My Chopin Nocturne went over well :)

NYCC sounds cool. Any favourite highlights?

Awesome!
3708 posts

Thought this was interesting given our discussions on Marvel’s prices and whatnot. Apparently the price/page hasn’t really increased due to creator costs as Marvel would like us to think since they are cutting those costs too.

KamuiX
408 posts

After buying nothing but trades for the past 10+ years, I was pretty taken aback when I bought Legion of Monsters #1 a couple weeks back and saw it was only 20 pages for $3.99. It was the first $3.99 Marvel issue I had bought since going back to monthlies (outside of Daredevil #1 and Punisher #1, both of which had more content), and pretty much decided I wouldn’t buy another. I’ve pulled back on that a bit thanks to finding HI and their discount, but I honestly can’t figure out how they think charging $3.99 for 20 pages is going to fly long-term, especially considering right alongside these books there are other Marvel titles that are only $2.99 for the same amount of content. It’s especially saddening when it’s a title like Legion of Monsters which is going to have a hard time with sales regardless. $2.99 is a much more enticing price for someone to buy it on a whim.

Awesome!
3708 posts

They also slip in the occasional 19 page 3.99 comic too, just to make sure we are paying attention.

Anzuelo
977 posts

@ KamuiX Totally agree. Most of my marvel titles I still have been buying at LCS and only have transferred some of them to HI. However, I am beginning to wonder if I shouldn’t just drop some all together and then just buy the trades later on down the road. With the DC reboot nearly all of my titles I now get with HI and I don’t mind having some subscriptions to stuff I am less interested in on the chance they get better just because the price to content ratio is better. Still I am a bigger fan of the independent stuff. I hope the marvel stuff pushed more people into the independent stuff. With all that said UXF is worth 3.99 :-).

hayfro
598 posts

I’ve just gotten back into comics w/ the dc reboot and the prices they are charging are somewhat concerning. Nice to see others complaining as well. If it wasn’t for Heavy Ink I wouldn’t even think about getting back into comics.

Gus [Emeritus]
Administator
4326 posts

Ok, as a Mighty Marvelite, I was going to be nice and not bring this up, but you’re forcing my hand.

Behold – 22 page $3.99 Justice League issue 2!
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/10/19/justice-…

Edit: Yeah, I still have to read Awesome’s link, and I’m only half-serious as I post this. I’m just trying to make sure everybody gets their fair share of bashing ;)

Buy Image, they stay at $2.99, and sometimes you get a whole bonus sampler comic on the flip side.

Awesome!
3708 posts

22 pages of story + a story-related text page + four pages of sketches. It’s not ideal but I don’t feel like it’s a slap in the face either.

Edit: Also it’s getting a Shazam backup strip soon, which is awesome.

Gus [Emeritus]
Administator
4326 posts

Yikes! That article is rough! I hope things get better for Marvel employees soon.