Search forum:

Forums : General : FEB solicitations - still in progress

24 posts, 7 voices

Gus [Emeritus]
Administator
4326 posts

Hi Everyone,

FYI – The solicitation process on our end ideally needs some updates before we pick them up this time, which would heavily reduce the amount of manual alterations Suz and I (mainly Suz) have to do before running subs. (I wrote up a master bug about it for Travis to look at.)

What I don’t know at present is if he’s going to be able to do that in time for this round or leave it another month.

So, there could be a delay getting them in, which would lead to a quicker turnaround for them going into subs. Or they might go in soon, which would lead to a slower turnaround for them going into subs. (I’m rooting for the former.)

More details as events warrant.

Anzuelo
977 posts

Thanks for the heads up.

KamuiX
408 posts

Not sure if this would have to be added manually, but noticed there’s a Daredevil #10.1 in the FEB solicitations and I know you guys have had issues with this silly decimal issues in the past.

Gus [Emeritus]
Administator
4326 posts

Not sure if this would have to be added manually, but noticed there’s a Daredevil #10.1 in the FEB solicitations and I know you guys have had issues with this silly decimal issues in the past.

MAARRRVEELLLL!!!!

Thanks, KamuiX. I actually sub to Marvel Previews just to watch for those, but an early heads-up is cool, I’ll make a note to fix it when I’m fixing solicitation things.

Anzuelo
977 posts

aaaaahhhhhhh the point ones – .1 .2 .3 .4 will it ever go to .9 then what will they do .91

Gus [Emeritus]
Administator
4326 posts

Yeah, that Venom one going to the .4 was the worst :P

And I’m subbing to it, so I’m part of the problem! ;)

Gus [Emeritus]
Administator
4326 posts

Black Panther #529 is the finale for that title.
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2011/11/bl…

I guess Daredevil is free to take back his numbering whenever he wants, now.

Gus [Emeritus]
Administator
4326 posts

Update – So, FEB solicits have been added in, but we’re only partway through the process.

Still to come – covers to be added, Suz and I (mainly Suz) to spend lots of time going over things and fixing problems, subs to be processed.

Tesseract
4766 posts

You done yet?!

Anzuelo
977 posts

Haahahahahhaha – work never ends there will always be something

Tesseract
4766 posts

Most of my posts during the takeover were just rapid-fire barely on topic. ;)

Anzuelo
977 posts

Oh man here we go again. SOMEONE call the troops

Tesseract
4766 posts

Hahaha. I’m just replying now. But this is how I used to post – crazy OCD topic jumping.

Anzuelo
977 posts

OMG!!!! where do you get the energy… put down the red bull

Tesseract
4766 posts

I haven’t slept in a day and a half and am just laying here relaxing. No Red Bull for me!

David
1454 posts

Someone is off of his meds……

Tesseract
4766 posts

How unbearably rude!

James
52 posts

O_O now that the new covers have been posted for the solicitations I got so thrown off for a second XD Oh spontaneous change I am too OCD for you lol

Gus [Emeritus]
Administator
4326 posts

Hey, the covers showed up, sweet!

That means we’re soon onto the (currently) longest stage of the process, me and Suz cleaning up stuff before subs are processed.

Gus [Emeritus]
Administator
4326 posts

Update.

I’ve looked at and cleaned up the ‘all incentive’ problems that result from the odd small publisher doing weird releases that tend to just be irritating from a system perspective.

My normal ‘monthly fixes’ that need to be done are mostly done.

Suz is looking over GNs still, I think.

In any event, initial orders are due in Thursday, so the subs will get processed within the next couple days.

Jeff.k.chapman
3 posts

Wow.. uncalled for.

Gus [Emeritus]
Administator
4326 posts

Wow.. uncalled for.

Huh? Am I missing a post that was later deleted?

Gus [Emeritus]
Administator
4326 posts

Update:

All my standard monthly fixes are done, including new ones, like the fact that Action Comics has a Combo Pack variant that should go in it’s own title, like so…

http://heavyink.com/title/8483-Action-Comics-Co…

Gus [Emeritus]
Administator
4326 posts

FEB sub orders were processed last Thursday, in time for initial ordering, and everything is looking good.

So, time to unsticky this and get ready to put up a MAR solicit sticky thread.