Search forum:

Forums : General : DC 52

123 posts, 21 voices

TJIC
Administator
720 posts

> Will HeavyInk be reordering all these second/third/fourth printings of out of stock New 52 books?

Yes.

> For example, I see Batgirl got a third printing this week (10/12) but it’s still out of stock.

Yep, we’ll carry it.

There’s an issue here, though: how come we don’t YET tell the world that we’re able and willing to carry it?

I only just learned today that things come back into print at a schedule that doesn’t line up with our monthly import of Diamond solicitation data.

I’m figuring out what the right way to find that data and get it into our system at a more rapid clip, instead of just monthly.

justin
705 posts

Let me amend my statement regarding OMAC:
The first issue was great except for the fact it had no where in the issue these words: Created by Jack Kirby.

Ryan
646 posts

really? jack kirby?

that first issue was confusing as hell. I was going to skip reading the second one. I guess I’ll give it another shot. thanks for the heads up.

Samurai Rob
70 posts

OMAC was one that never really interested me. Two that really did surprise me by how much I enjoyed them were Justice League Dark and Demon Knights. I had little to no real interest in either, but picked them up on a whim. I really liked both. I even subscribed to JL D and I plan to score digital copies of DK.

justin
705 posts

OMAC is one of my favorite Kirby creations. He is considered by many to be a continuation of the “super-soldier” concept Kirby and Simon began with Captain America. I highly recommend the HC of the short-lived series from the 1970’s.

This new version of OMAC seems to be more akin to another Kirby creation, the Hulk, but I’m interested to see where they take it.

Can’t wait to get my Kamandi Hardcover for my birthday on Nov. 2.

Joe
Administator
3025 posts

I already got the Kamandi hardcover. So far it’s been great stuff.

edit: Apparently, I’m like a space odyssey. And now I feel like going back and editing all my old posts so they are either way out of context or appear to be omniscient. lol
Like this post:
http://heavyink.com/forum/forums/1/topics/2319#…
OMG how did I know all that stuff 4 months ago?!
Or OMG what’s going on between Andy and me?!
http://heavyink.com/forum/forums/1/topics/881#p…

Gus [Emeritus]
Administator
4326 posts

Joe! You hit 2001 posts! You’re like a space odyssey! :)

Ryan
646 posts

He’ll have to reply nine times in order to make the sequel

2010 (its the year we make contact)

Gus [Emeritus]
Administator
4326 posts

And then he’ll need to hit 2061 (I think), and 3001. (the other two books)

KamuiX
408 posts

Well, at least they acknowledged Kirby in the second issue. OMAC and I Vampire have been the two big surprises for me. Two books I had no interest in and they turned out very good.

Awesome!
3708 posts

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/10/15/shazam-…

Shazam backup by Johns and Gary Frank coming to Justice League. Awesome choice for a backup imo.

Zach
993 posts

I love Travel Foreman and Animal Man. I just can’t see him lasting more then 8-12 issues on that book though…

Awesome!
3708 posts

Holy crap.

“…in October DC Comics has 42.47% of dollars spent on comics, to Marvel’s 29.1% share, turning that half a point gap into thirteen and a half points. And on actual numbers of products sold, DC has taken 50.97% of sales to Marvel’s 20.29%.

Which means more than one in every two comics sold by Diamond in October was a DC comic.

And overall comics sales that were up in September continue to rise in October, by just under 7%. To a figure that is over 30% what is was October last last. That’s right folks, in one year, comics sales have risen by a third.

The last two months’ performance has seemingly done the impossible and turned the tanker right around, to the extent that in August, overall comics sales of the year were well below that of 2010 at the same point. Now they are above where 2010 was at this point.

It’s an incredible performance that can be laid at the feet of DC Comics, and specifically that they haven’t increased their sales at the expense of other publishers, rather everyone’s sales have either been maintained or are rising, as the DC promotional plan have brought in new readers or brought back lapsed readers – who have then gone on to try other non-DC comics."

Zach
993 posts

Good for them. They took a huge gamble and it seems, so far, to be paying off.

Awesome!
3708 posts

Absolutely. Those numbers are incredible to me. Never thought I’d see Batwoman outselling Spider-Man and The Avengers.

Dan [Emeritus]
Administator
5539 posts

Marvel reboot in 3… 2… 1…

Tesseract
4766 posts

Marvel already started their rebooting. Look at what’s starting to come out and/or upcoming solicits.

Dan [Emeritus]
Administator
5539 posts

Do I have to?

;-)

Tesseract
4766 posts

Yes!

Awesome!
3708 posts

Well we just had the Hulk relaunch and Uncanny is coming up. Not sure what else is coming. Marvel’s solicits have been the definition of boring for me lately.

Anzuelo
977 posts

LMAO

Zach
993 posts

They’ve been in the middle of a soft-reboot for a while. Daredevil, Punisher, Moonknight, Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, FF (a reboot of Fantastic Four), Captain America, Spiderman (Big Time counts), Thor, Avengers (adjectiveless and New), plus the Ultimates universe was completely restarted in September.

That said, yes, I anticipate a partially line-wide reboot soon and especially if DC’s lead continues to hold strong.

@Awesome – Agreed.

Dan [Emeritus]
Administator
5539 posts

So, I didn’t realize this – and I guess the lesson here is that a soft reboot, book-by-book, does not good & loud PR make.

KamuiX
408 posts

Marvel would have to do the same thing as DC for me to get back into the mainstream continuity (not that that was an issue for me with DC, since I had been keeping up rather well). I haven’t read any of the overarching events since Civil War, and currently I’m picking up non-related mini-series and ongoings that are off in their own little corner of the universe, like Punisher, Daredevil, and Moon Knight. I decided to try out Incredible Hulk, and it seems pretty accessible thus far, and I’m jumping on Villains for Hire as I dig Abnett and Lanning and I’m a sucker for villain books. But if they eventually cross over into main stream events, I’m likely out.

Even though some of the X titles are being relaunched, I just can’t see myself reading them without fully catching up. The teams are fragmented, Colossus is wearing Juggernaut’s armor, half of the bad guys are good guys now…

As for the main topic, I’m really happy as hell to see that there was hardly any drop-off in second issue sales. That’s pretty damn amazing. Happy to see the jump in position for books like Animal Man, Frankenstein, Demon Knights and Grifter and books like Swamp Thing, Stormwatch and JL Dark holding strong. Hopefully OMAC and I Vampire start ascending the ranks soon. Does anyone know how the digital side of sales is doing?

abbysdad
283 posts

Just out of curiosity…how long are you guys planning on keeping subscriptions up for the New 52?

For me, I can see myself keeping up subs for Detective Comics, Action Comics, and All-Star Western well into the next year (or longer). I will at least keep up with Action Comics through Morrison’s run on it, whenever that ends.

I’m not sure about Animal Man, Swamp Thing and Suicide Squad though. Animal Man is fantastic right now, I wonder if they can keep it up? Ditto for Swamp thing. But Suicide Squad? Issue #2 wasn’t as good as issue #1, but issue #3 promises to be good. I guess we’ll see.